Protect Your Customers & Yourself by Encrypting Sensitive Email with microMAIL & ZixCorp
microMAIL and Zix Corporation have partnered to provide email encryption as a hosted service. Now you can easily ensure privacy and meet regulatory compliance requirements with cost effective email encryption.
Email Encryption Services
Policy-Based Encryption Service
- Centralized, policy-based email encryption for regulatory compliance
- Automatic retrieval and distribution of public encryption keys through ZixDirectory, enabling transparent email encryption between all ZixCorp customers
- Automated content scanning of messages and attachments, providing transparent encryption for your company’s email senders
- Ability to encrypt, reroute or block emails based on your company’s policy
- “Push” recipient delivery method - sending an encrypted email directly to a recipient’s inbox and enabling secure read, reply and forward capability
Secure Message Portal
- “Pull” recipient delivery method including custom branding based on your company’s needs
- Hosted and maintained in SysTrust-certified and SAS-70 type II accredited ZixData Center
- Encrypted read, reply and save capabilities for recipients
- Secured compose capability for your business partners, customers, members, patients, etc.
- Unique support for Blackberry® and smartphone devices
Why Encrypt Email?
With an increase in regulatory pressures, identity theft and highly publicized security breaches in the media, companies that do not encrypt emails containing sensitive information are at risk of regulatory fines, lawsuits, negative PR and a loss of company intellectual property.
Companies dependent on building a relationship of trust with their customers and business partners cannot afford to risk such potential damages to their brand image. Email encryption is, therefore, an important piece of the security puzzle; it protects your company, your customers and business partners. The question then becomes how to implement this critical business process.
Why is this service different?
The power of the network
ZixCorp, a leading hosted email encryption provider since 2000, allows customers to communicate, seamlessly and securely - inbox to inbox - with no sender/recipient authentication necessary. This unmatched approach to email encryption is accomplished by customers enrolling in the ZixDirectory, a global (encryption key) repository with almost 20 million members and growing at over 100,000 new members per week.
With ZixDirectory, customers eliminate the need to build their own directory of encryption keys and instead leverage ZixCorp’s hosted and shared secure network, which includes:
- The US Federal Banking Regulators and the SEC
- More than 1200 financial institutions
- 20 State Banking Regulators
- More than 1,000 US hospitals
- Over 30 Blue Cross Blue Shield Institutions
- 3 out of the 5 largest US health insurance companies
Policy-based Email Encryption
The email encryption service offers the ability for a company to encrypt outbound emails based on content, sender, and recipient.
The full content scanning of messages and attachments enables companies to comply with industry regulations with the help of managed lexicons that automatically encrypt, reroute, or block email messages containing financial (GLBA), healthcare (HIPAA) and profanity content.
A company’s sender can also trigger an email to be encrypted, as well as encrypting all emails destined for specific recipient email domains and email addresses.
A robust approach to securing confidential data can be easy and cost effective. By offering a hosted Email Encryption service, microMAIL and ZixCorp simplify the overall solution, lower the cost, and eliminate the complexity of secure email delivery.